Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

8 Sentence Sunday


Thanks for stopping by to check out my writing! This week I am bringing you my current WIP. It is from a book that I titled, "The Willow". Today's excerpt is a part of the Weekend Writing Warriors meme (also known as 8 Sentence Sunday). 
www_tiny


In this scene, Juliana and her boyfriend had recently been in an argument. Juliana has a 'friend' named Ben (a little backstory here: Ben is a spirit with whom she grew up with, though everyone is under the belief that she suffers from a certain mental disorder and tries to medicate her. As a result, she's a bit down on herself; spiraling her into the abusive relationship she has with her fiancé). At this point in the story, Ben is forcing her to get out, leading her on a snowy, cold adventure.

      I'm going to freeze to death out here, thanks to you.” I told Ben. There was no response; only the humming buzz of crickets to answer me. “Oh, so you've got nothing to say now? Are you just going to let me die out here? Was this part of your big plan, huh?”
     “You're cold, but you're all right.”
     “Cold? I'm more than cold. I'm turning into a damn popsicle.”
     “Well, it's too late now, isn't it?” I heard him let out a small chuckle deep inside of my head. 


Again, thank you for stopping by. Your support is greatly appreciated.
- Ashley E. Perry

9 comments:

  1. Ha! That's a funny piece. :) Great 8.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Danita. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

      Delete
  2. Ben doesn't seem to be that friendly.
    Has he been trying to hurt her all those years?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Ben has a plan. Makes me curious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice snippet. I wonder where he's leading her. Thanks for posting.
    ~Summer
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting premise, can't wait to see more. Excellent excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm... and what is Ben's plan? Though that last line gives me the impression that they're now closer to where ever he's bringing her than where they started, so might as well continue going along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I like that. Great eight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great! I love the story concept and the way you handle it in the writing is really well done. I look forward to reading more snippets and finding out a little more about the characters.

    ReplyDelete