Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

8 Sentence Sunday



Thanks for stopping by to check out my writing! This week I am bringing you my current WIP. It is from a book that I titled, "The Willow". Today's excerpt is a part of the Weekend Writing Warriors meme (also known as 8 Sentence Sunday). 
www_tiny




     “Dammit, girl!” Ben called out as he threw the pitchfork down to the ground and lunged towards me. “You scared the shit out of me. Why in the hell are you creeping up on people?” He grabbed my arms and pulled me upwards to examine my injury. “Damn,” he muttered under his breath.
     “Stop! Let go of me,” I cried out, trying to forcefully shove him away with the heels of my palms. Each movement I made only made him hold on tighter.
     “You're bleeding.” He kept his hands wrapped around my upper arms, ignoring my protests and squirms. He didn't back down.
     “Get away from me!” I lifted my knee and kicked at him.
     “Will you hold still?” he yelled sternly.
     I froze, looking up at him with wide eyes.
     “Christ,” he muttered in annoyance.


Again, thank you for stopping by. Your support is greatly appreciated.
- Ashley E. Perry

7 comments:

  1. I'm not really sure what is happening here. I like the interaction between your two characters and their conflicting purposes. I would like to know more about there reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering why she's so afraid of him when it's clear he's angry, but he isn't trying to hurt her. Good snippet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raises curiosity about her reaction (probobly answered if I had read what came before). Very nicely done emotion and character interaction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much emotion in the scene! I'm with Susan, it would be nice to know what had happened before but I was able to lose myself in the snippet - terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much emotion here. She doesn't seem to want anything to do with him, but he seems concerned for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the way you've given your characters such strong voices. It even feels as if some of the description isn't necessary because their emotions and even a sense of their actions is carried well in the dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... This was so emotional, and if she's not careful he's going to end up breaking her arm trying to help her.

    ReplyDelete